QMax Communications Pte Ltd is a broadband infrastructure and technology company offering “Anytime, Anywhere” high speed wireless broadband connectivity. It is part of the QMax group of telecommunication and data communication companies. The company was awarded the largest range of wireless broadband access (WBA) spectrum by IDA at an auction held in May 2005. In March 2006, it became the first service provider in Singapore to successfully deploy and commercialize a wireless broadband service using the WBA spectrum (or commonly known as WIMAX).
With strong support from its major shareholder, QAdvertising Technology Ltd, a worldwide leader in mobile app marketing and specialising in Whatsapp marketing in Singapore, QMax Communications Pte Ltd is poised to be one of a new breed of broadband infrastructure and technology companies offering consumers a chance to wirelessly access digital media for communication, entertainment and learning at high speed.
Milestones of Qmax Wiseport Marketing Technology
QMax was awarded the largest range of wireless broadband access (WBA) spectrum by IDA at an auction, allowing QMax to deliver WIMAX wireless broadband services directly to home users and businesses in Singapore.
We unveils Singapore’s first wireless broadband base station at Bukit Timah, marking the beginning of the long-awaited, low-cost, dedicated broadband services available to all homes and businesses in Singapore.
They Commercialized home user broadband services with a monthly subscription rate starting from $22.95 – the first under-$30 subscription rate in 10 years of Singapore broadband history.
QMax introduced a dial up replacement broadband plan with an enticing $9.90 monthly subscription plan for a special pool of early adopters.
They expanded Wiseport services to the CBD area with the deployment of additional base stations in the city area. With this expansion, QMax wireless broadband services are available at Upper Bukit Timah, Toh Guan, Central Business district, Orchard Road Shopping Belt.
Coverage is being expanded to include Havelock, Chinatown, Suntec City, Beach Road, Lavender, Geylang, Tiong Bahru, Henderson, RedHill, Bendemeer, Serangoon, Guillemard, Mountbatten, Whampoa and Balestier area.
QMax Group of Companies
QMax Pte Ltd
Group holding company.
QMax Communications Pte Ltd
The holder of a Facilities Based Operator License and Wireless Broadband Spectrum License in Singapore, the company functions as an infrastructure and network operator selling broadband products and last mile access (local loop) via retail and wholesale to ISPs and Carrier partners.
QALA Singapore Pte Ltd
The company has a Service Based Operator License and is a local Internet Service Provider with a full suite of data and communications products and services for corporate and enterprise customers.
Wiseport Singapore Pte Ltd
Consumer arm of the group focusing on retailing Wireless Broadband services to consumers within Singapore.
IDC Services Pte Ltd
Data Centre owner providing full spectrum of data centre facilities such as hosting, co-location, serving as a disaster recovery/redundancy centre etc. Possesses 18,000 square feet of carrier class data space with full infrastructure redundancies and security features. The Data Centre is managed and operated by QALA Singapore Pte Ltd
Testimonials from Customers
Kudos to QMax Telesales Colleague, Hazel …
I wish to complement Ms Hazel Chan for her prompt and efficiency in handling my request. I have forgotten my log in name and password for wireless@sg
She responded within a day to verify my NRIC number and again responded within a day with my log in name and new password.
With her help I was able to log into Wiseport@sg, for the first time. After registration, on the very first day the scheme started, I forgotten my log in name and password. At least two requests were made but it went answered.
That is why Hazel is such a GEM and a true ambassador of service excellence of your company. Her promptness has certainly restored my faith in the services that you provide to your customers.
Hazel, well done and keep up the good work
Terms & Conditions
- Free months, 12 months or 24 months minimum subscription period applies unless specified otherwise.
- All prices are quoted in Singapore dollars and subjected to prevailing GST.
- Subscription fee will be pro-rated for the 1st month thereafter followed by monthly billing.
- For termination of plan within the contractual period, a penalty charge of $50 + (monthly subscription x remaining number of months in contract) will be imposed. In addition, the cost of the free gift(s) will be chargeable as per list price where applicable and subjected to prevailing GST rate. The modem must be returned to Wiseport within seven days of termination in good working condition, otherwise a charge of $380 will be imposed. To be eligible for the free gift, payment must be made through GIRO or Credit Card. Otherwise a cash prepayment of first six months’ subscription + Activation will apply. Gifts have to be self collected within 7days of notice.
- One month advance notice is required for termination of this service before or after the contractual period. A penalty fee of 1 month the subscription value will be imposed if notice period if less than 1 month.
- All subscription are subjected to QMax’s general terms and conditions, broadband services terms and conditions, acceptable use policy as well as all terms and conditions.
- No downgrading of plans is allowed at any point of time.
- This Application-cum-Service Agreement is valid for all QMax Premium Wireless Broadband plans.
- Lost or stolen modem will be treated as premature termination where clause 4 will be effected.
- WiMAX modem sold are subjected to standard factory warranty for 1st year only. Full replacement for defective modem under normal usage in an environment not exposed to the elements.
- During the subscription period, modem or PC card is on a lease basis unless specified otherwise.
- If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the service rendered by QMax, please inform us withinseven days of signing of agreement to cancel the subscription and no charges will be incurred. All equipment are to be returned to QMax Singapore Pte Ltd in its original packaging at #05-08, 31 International Business Park, Creative Resource Building, Singapore 609921.
- QMax Singapore Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred as “QMax”) reserves the right to approve or reject any application by the Customer for a QMax account. By completing the registration process for any service provided by QMax, the Customer is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14.QMax may determine and impose charges, payment terms and prescribed rates and vary or revise the same from time to time, at its sole discretion, and such variation shall be effective as from the date specified by QMax.
- The Customer shall promptly pay Wiseport all the Fees and Charges and any other sum due or payable to QMax on the due date with respect to the provision of any QMax service without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding whatsoever. The Customer shall bear any taxes or levies, including Goods and Service Tax (‘GST’) with regard to such Fees and Charges.
16.The Customer shall promptly check and verify the accuracy of each bill, and immediately notify QMax in writing, within seven (7) days from the date of the bill, of any error, inaccuracy or discrepancy with respect to any amount, item, entry or matter stated therein. The Customer shall promptly provide us with all the information and assistance reasonably requested by QMax to investigate and verify any such assertion of error by the Customer.
17. In the event that the Customer disputes any amount stated in the bill and intends to withhold payment of the amount, the Customer must give QMax a written notice of such dispute before the due date and must state in such notice the grounds and reasons for such dispute. Notwithstanding any such dispute, the Customer shall make payment of the charges or amount of the bill to QMax that are not in dispute.
18. In the event that upon investigation of the dispute, such withheld amount is payable by the Customer, the Customer shall pay interest on the withheld amount as stated in clause 8 from the date the amount is due until the date of complete payment.
19. It is agreed that Customers will undertake to settle all bills promptly by due date, failing which interest of 1% per month will be levied on the outstanding amount, subject to a minimum fee of S$ 10.00.
20. QMax accepts the following modes of payment:
- Credit Card
Customer agrees that any charges made with QMax’s services will be billed monthly to the designated card..
Customer is personally responsible for all outstanding QMax service charges. If QMax is unable to settle the bill with the designated credit card company for any reason, the Customer agrees to settle the bill (along with any accrued interest as specified in paragraph 8 hereinabove) via bank draft or cheque in Singapore dollars drawn on a bank in Singapore, or by other means and within the time frame as specified by QMax. The cheques and bank drafts shall be made payable to “QMax Singapore Pte. Ltd.”. Further, for any cheques that are returned unpaid, there shall be an additional fee of S$ 5.25 for every such unpaid cheque.
Customer shall promptly notify QMax, in writing, if the designated credit card is lost, stolen, expired or is terminated for any reason, or if the Customer wishes to terminate QMax’s authorisation to bill the designated card. Customer shall continue to be liable for any outstanding bills.
Customer undertakes to make all payments and charges arising in connection with the designated credit card in a timely manner.
Customer is required to complete an Interbank GIRO form that permits QMax to deduct the amount of the bill directly from the designated bank account.
Customer is personally responsible for all outstanding QMax service charges. If QMax is unable to debit the amount of the bill for any reason, the Customer agrees to settle the bill (along with any accrued interest as specified in paragraph 8 hereinabove) via bank draft or cheque in Singapore dollars drawn on a bank in Singapore, or by other means and within the time frame as specified by QMax. The cheques and bank drafts shall be made payable to “QMax Singapore Pte. Ltd.”. Further, for any cheques that are returned unpaid, there shall be an additional fee of S$ 5.25 for every such unpaid cheque. Further, QMax reserves the right to initate legal action under the relevant legislation in force. Customer shall promptly notify QMax, in writing, if Customer wishes to terminate QMax’s authorisation to debit the designated bank account. Customer shall continue to be liable for any outstanding bills. QMax requires approval of Customer’s authorisation from the relevant bank prior to
activation of QMax account. Customer undertakes to make all necessary payments and recurring costs involved in continuing the payment through GIRO.
c. Cheques/Cashier’s Order
The Customer can make the payment of the bill amount by cheque or cashier’s order. The cheque and cashier’s order shall be made payable to “QMax Singapore Pte. Ltd”. For any cheques that are returned unpaid, there shall be an additional fee of S$ 5.25 for every unpaid cheque. QMax reserves the right to all remedies available to it at law or in equity.
Cash payment can only be made at QMax Singapore’s office located at #05-08, 31 International Business Park, Singapore 609921
- Deposit- Customer shall pay QMax a deposit of S$ 280 [applicable to non-Singapore citizen/non-PR/employment pass and dependent pass holder (‘hereinafter referred to as ‘foreigner’)] for the purpose of opening a QMax post-paid account. The deposit will be refunded upon termination of account, provided the account has been settled in full and that there are no outstandings to the Customer’s account. For pre-paid packages, where the Customer has paid the contract period subscription fee in advance, such amounts paid for pre-paid packages will not be refundable.
- The credit limit is S$200 per month for all residential customers (Singaporeans and PR) and S$500 for all foreigners and corporate customers. QMax may request deposit for extension of credit limit.
23.Customers may receive an interim bill once the applicable credit limit is reached. All interim bills require immediate payment by Cash/Cheque/Credit cards.
24. QMax reserves the right to suspend or terminate service(s) provided to the Customer if payment has not been received by QMax after the payment due date. The Customer can avoid the suspension or termination of service(s) provided by effecting payment for the total amount (along with any accrued interest as specified in paragraph 8 hereinabove) or the undisputed portion of the invoice within the due date indicated in the suspension or termination notice.
25. Customer shall be solely responsible and liable and shall indemnify and hold harmless QMax, its affiliates, its agents and their respective directors, officers and employees against all losses and liabilities when using QMax services.
26. The Customer shall use the QMax service in accordance with the directions/instructions of QMax from time to time and QMax shall not be liable for any losses, damages, claims, liabilities, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the Customer resulting from the failure by the Customer to do so.
27. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the parties hereto irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
28. The above terms and conditions are subject to change at QMax’s sole discretion without notice.
- QMax shall use reasonable endeavours to provide services of a reasonable quality. QMax does not make any warranty in respect of the quality, speed or reliability or any other aspect of any QMax service.
- QMax shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, to the Customer for any special, incidental, indirect, exemplary or consequential losses or damages, or for any loss of profits, loss of data, loss of (anticipated) savings or any business disruption or any other issue arising out of the Customer’s use of QMax’s services.
- The Customer agrees and accepts that the performance and provision of any QMax service is dependent on the location of the applicable equipment and their compatibility with other equipment and applicable networks, and that actual performance may vary.
- The Customer undertakes that he or she shall not use any aspect of QMax’s services to display or communicate content that contravenes any laws / regulations applicable and in effect in Singapore.
- QMax shall not be responsible for its failure to perform due to unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond its control, including but not restricted to acts of God, wars, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, outages, telecommunication failures, power cuts, power surges, fires, floods, epidemics, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation, facilities, fuel or energy.